Wireline Packer System
The Wireline Packer System is a time-saving method for conducting permeability testing during core drilling.
The test is carried out with the drill string in place, reducing the time required to test in open or unstable formations. Available for all makes of wireline core barrels (N, H and P), Wireline packers are easily repaired in the field in just minutes The wireline packers incorporate a bumper that rests inside the throat of the drill bit.
This positions both packers and protects the drill bit. A compression cap ''T'' on the Seal Tee Assembly prevents pressure loss around the composite cable during testing.
The composite cable itself is composed of a high pressure nylon tube for inflation and a cable to lower and retrieve the wireline packer.
Conducting a permeability test
- Remove inner tube assembly.
- Raise drill string off bottom, leaving desired test zone.
- Install seal tee assembly at top of drill string.
- Lower wireline packer assembly.
Tighten compression cap.
- Connect composite cable to source of compressed fluid.
- Inflate wireline packer.
- Inject water through seal tee assembly wireline rods
and packer into the test zone.
- Perform permeability test.
- Deflate wireline packer.
- Remove packer and seal tee assembly.
- Reinsert inner tube assembly.
- Lower drill string and resume drillling.