Wireline Packer System
The Wireline Packer System is a time-saving method for conducting permeability testing during core drilling.
The test is carried out with the drill string in place, reducing the time required to test in open or unstable formations. Available for all makes of wireline core barrels (N, H and P), Wireline packers are easily repaired in the field in just minutes The wireline packers incorporate a bumper that rests inside the throat of the drill bit.
This positions both packers and protects the drill bit. A compression cap ''T'' on the Seal Tee Assembly prevents pressure loss around the composite cable during testing.
The composite cable itself is composed of a high pressure nylon tube for inflation and a cable to lower and retrieve the wireline packer.
Conducting a permeability test
- Remove inner tube assembly.
- Raise drill string off bottom, leaving desired test zone.
- Install seal tee assembly at top of drill string.
- Lower wireline packer assembly.
Tighten compression cap.
- Connect composite cable to source of compressed fluid.
- Inflate wireline packer.
- Inject water through seal tee assembly wireline rods
and packer into the test zone.
- Perform permeability test.
- Deflate wireline packer.
- Remove packer and seal tee assembly.
- Reinsert inner tube assembly.
- Lower drill string and resume drillling.
Geopro offers a range of high-pressure inflatable packers for hydraulic fracture testing, cementing or any other application which requires high pressure.
The standard range comprises four diameters from 65 mm up to 184 mm, designed for bore-holes of 3”, 4”, 6”, and 8” and operating pressures up to 400 bar (5800 psi). They are available both as single packers and in doublepackers configuration.
Connection to the central pipe is made by means of an NPT connector and the upper end is equipped with two UMCA type inflation adapters.
“Pumpacker” for water sampling
The Geopro "Pumpacker" system allows the connection of an electric submersible pump on a single or double packer.
Sampling is possible in borehole diameters:
- up to 100mm with packer 56mm.
- up to 140mm with packer 72mm.
- up to 170mm with packer 85mm.
This system is fully modular and permits the use of standard Geopro packers single or double.
EK extension kit is available to increase the interval between the inflatable elements.